Thursday, February 3, 2011

Irish Studies: Turloughs

So I've been pretty MIA lately but I've been very busy.

The last time I updated before the photo post I said I was going to have my first Irish studies class and indeed I did. It was very fun, but a very long day. We start at the normal time (9:30) in the lecture hall and Gordon D'Arcy (our Irish studies professor) talks to us about the subject matter for the day. Last class it was Turloughs. These are lakes that appear in the Burren due to the unique geological location. They appear after heavy rainfall and last for a few days until the water soaks through the rocks and goes underground. After the lecture we grabbed a quick lunch and headed out for our field trip. We found some Turloughs and took some hikes, it was very pleasant, but by the last one we were pretty tired. They were very beautiful though. Here are some photos:




Connemara Pony =)


No comments:

Post a Comment