Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Studio Clean Up


Aaaahhhhh cleaning out my studio is so sad!!! Especially since my studio-mates cleaned theirs out even earlier than I did.

I started taking my wall full of pictures down yesterday, it was pretty darn sad. Finally I can start actually cleaning out my studio since my paintings are now all finished and I am currently here now painting the walls white and organizing my stuff. Tomorrow I'll hang my photo prints and start putting nails in the walls for my paintings so hopefully I can have Friday to do as I please. Our opening is on Saturday and I'm SO excited to see everyone's work up all nice and fancy!!! I still have some photos to edit for my final photo project (the one in which I'm photographing the familial relationships within Orchard House, aka the Orchard House Project) and print a few of my night shots that I will be putting up in the exhibition. I'll probably do those tomorrow as well. Also, the klutz that I am, I broke my table moving it around and my jars of turpentine (paint thinner) sludge crashed onto the ground spewing the sludge ALL over the floor and my newly painted white wall. It's alright though, Robert heard the commotion and came up and fixed my table and I wiped up the sludge from the floor and re-painted the wall, haha. Oh my. Here are some more sad pictures of the "clean" studio spaces haha.

Spilled Turp - not as bad as I made it seem, haha.


My empty side

Casey's side with work up for show

Mandy's side with some work up for show

Anyways, everyone around here is buzzing about, busy as can be trying to get their stuff up. Surprisingly I am not stressed AT ALL. That's like... the oxymoron of me haha, but it's true! I think this is much more of a fun thing than a serious life or death thing so it's easier to be less stressed. Anyways, just thought I'd give you all an update on what's been going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment