Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm Alive!!!

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, it's been so long since I've updated you guys, I'm so sorry! Quite a bit has happened since my last post so I'll catch you up =)

SO first off, I'm most definitely not sick anymore! The sickness finally faded after that Monday that I posted, oh my goodness it's been over a week since I've said anything!! I still had a runny nose and a cough (slash I still have a cough now) but no actual illness last week so I could get back to work. Mostly I did a lot of setting up for the work I had to do actually; I stretched another canvas and gessoed it, had my friend Liam sit for me so I could get a start on that portrait, showed Martina (my photo professor) my latest photo so I could get some direction, and sent some post-cards! (because that was WAY overdue haha). The week was actually really stressful because I had so much to do before the weekend so I could relax but I was being a bit lazy to be honest. Mostly I was stressed because after talking to Martina I realized I needed to go in a different direction with my Tableaux Vivant photos and I just didn't feel I had the time or resources I needed to get them done. Towards the end of the week I ended up deciding to just forget about it until Sunday after Hadley left because I was stressing myself out too much trying to do it without any help. That ended up being partially a good idea haha, but I'll get to that later.

Thursday was St. Patrick's day and it's VERY different here. Because I was still in the mode of "I need to do work on my photo assignment and not have fun yet" I didn't go to Kinvara (the town over) with a bunch of my friends and stayed home trying to get SOMETHING done. St. Patty's is a national holiday here so everything is closed down (except the pubs of course) and we didn't have school so it felt like we had a REALLY long weekend haha. I ended up getting really stressed trying to do my photos without a model other than myself (since most everyone was gone) and made the decision to wait to finish the project and went home from school just in time for everyone to come home from Kinvara. A few of us went out to Logue's to hang out for a bit that night and I had a pint of Guinness because how could I not when I'm in Ireland for St. Patty's. It was a bit uneventful for me compared to my St. Patty's in the past but it was nice to be at Logue's with a bunch of my friends having a casual hang out sesh. I went to bed that night WAY too excited for Friday though, since it was not only a really awesome Irish Studies class (which we had all been looking forward to after hearing from past Irish Studies goers that it was one of their favorite trips) but also Hadley would be arriving that night and we were going to make funfetti cake and it was going to be a great day.

I'll post the pictures from the St. Patty's parade we went to a couple weekends ago in this post and make a couple separate posts for Irish Studies and Hadley's visit and MY BIRTHDAY!! haha.

The beach at Fanore

Our walk into town, it was such a beautiful day!!! (before it started raining haha)

A cute donkey that was being raffled off! They are so cute, I love donkeys haha

My wonderful adorable roomie, Maggie =)


Bagpipers! I thought bagpipes were Scottish?


haha these guys were funny, stilts kinda freak me out a little =P


Uhh, there were A LOT of tractors, haha you can definitely tell we are in the countryside!


Yes! There was a yellow submarine!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment