Monday, March 14, 2011

Bleeeeehhhh

Whelp. The title pretty much says it all. I'm still sick and still feeling bleh. This weekend was a really strange mixture of trying to balance lots of work, fun, and feeling like crap.

I ended up not going to Irish Studies on Friday, it ended up being a really good choice. I had fevery sleep that night and that day I fluctuated between staying in bed and moseying downstairs to drink tea or eat something. The night before (Thursday, Loretta's birthday) I ultimately felt okay enough to go downstairs and hang out with everyone for a while (and eat Liz's delicious cookies!!!!!!) and I tried to stay down there as long as I could to have some time with the b-day girl. It was fun, a bunch of the girls where there and we were hanging out in the living room watching dance and hip-hop music videos and chatting, really chill. After a while though I was much too achey and decided it was time for bed. Anyways, Friday. So yeah, sick that day too. I was really upset about missing Irish Studies because we were supposed to go on the 6 mile hike that day, but it turns out the weather was too gross so Gordon postponed it until April, so that's good news. Most people didn't end up going on the supplement hike because it was gross out, so there were a lot more people on the house than I expected.

Mostly I did research on my photo assignment that day. Speaking of which, our assignment is REALLY cool. It's called Tableaux Vivant and it's basically described as dramatic, cinematic, scene-like photographs that are either really weird, really unsettling, or really dramatic and impossible. They are extremely controlled photographs and often use exaggerated light, color, and angles. I'm doing goddesses from different cultures, it's really cool but a lot of work and a lot of editing. We have four of them due in a couple of weeks, edited and printed, it's a big project. Anyways, so I did some more research on that because despite how I felt, I needed to shoot one of them on Sunday since we have to show one in class today.

That night a bunch of people went to Galway and I went to bed early. Saturday and Sunday is where things got a little intense, haha. On Saturday I had to get up somewhat early and walk around the bay to find a place to photograph. The goddess I was focusing on first was a River goddess, but there are no rivers over here, so I headed out in search of a good place. Unfortunately it was cold and raining off and on, not quite the proper weather to be walking around in when you're sick, but it had to be done. I went to Logue's first and got a scone and some tea, as well as some cash back, and then found some places that looked good and photographed them for reference. After all that I was exhausted and headed home, BUT, Casey and Hannah were going to Galway for some errands. Now, I REALLY needed a few things from the fabric store and I was just thinking about how unfortunate it was that I didn't have quite what I needed fabric wise for my photo-shoot, so I really had to go with them. So despite how tired I was, I tagged along and got most of what I needed, way too much money later. Sometimes being an art student really weighs heavy on your pockets... slash all the time haha.

Now, that night was Supposed to be mine, Kate's, and Loretta's joined birthday party, so of course I had to make an appearance to that, I mean, it was partially my party! At this point I was so tired that I had to take a nap before I did anything though, so I did. The party ended up being here as opposed to the disco at Logue's since it wasn't happening for some reason, which made it easier on me. I went downstairs and hung out for a while and had a good time, but eventually was too tired to party on (not to mention I had to get up semi-early for my photo-shoot) so I went to bed. That day was such a busy day and I was so tired; I was really hoping that I wasn't going to feel even worse on Sunday since I had so much more to do, but all I could do was go to bed and hope that sleep was enough.

Luckily, it was decent, because I got up before my alarm, finished a few odds and ends with the costume Erica would be wearing, got her situated, and headed out the door by 9:30. Now, it was just my luck that A. It had been raining the previous day, B. it wasn't raining that morning, and C. the turlough was partially full!!!! What that meant to me was that we didn't have to walk all the way to the bay to photograph since the turlough near our house looks WAY more like a river than the bay does. With that in mind we hopped the fence and set up. It was a BEAUTIFUL morning and the turlough could not have been a more perfect spot to do the photo-shoot. We were done within an hour and a half! (to anyone reading this who has modeled for me before, can you believe the whole thing only took an hour and a half?). Once we were done I had just enough time to get ready and go to the St. Patrick's Day parade that was taking place in Fanore! I thought it was going to be next weekend but it was this weekend and Robert was starting to make trips at 11:30. I met Hannah and Casey and a few of the other girls at the Soda Parlour (which btw is one of the small cafe's that was closed because of off-season but is now open!), got a milk-shake to go (yay milk-shakes!), and got on the van headed to Fanore.

It was a really beautiful day out still with just a teeny bit of rain here and there, perfect for the parade. Once we got there we walked to the pub in town where the parade ended so we could get a good place to watch and grab something to drink. It was a pretty fun day, the parade was really cute (a LOT of tractors haha), and we got to see a baby lamb and a dog dressed up as some kind of weird St. Patrick, lol. I took pictures and will post them soon. The only downside is that it got REALLY cold really fast and then the weather started getting nasty and then I started feeling sick and tired again. luckily one of our grad friends had Robert's phone number so she called him to come get us. Once we were home I immediately went for a nap and the rest of the night I attempted to edit my photos and make dinner, still feeling pretty crappy.

So that was the weekend in a nutshell. I know this is post is pretty long, but hopefully some of you find it informative. I'm home right now in my bed, I opted to go into school a little later and sleep in. It's the sinus headache/nasty cough portion of my sickness now, so I'm just waiting for that to subside a bit, then I'll head to school. I'm trying really really hard this week to get as much work done as possible/get better as quickly as possible since Hadley is coming to visit this weekend/it's also my birthday weekend, and I really really want to be able to enjoy it to the fullest! I'm just glad to be getting all of this gross feeling crap out of the way before she gets here.

Anyways, so yeah, that's everything. I'll post some pictures soon, but don't expect too soon since I have a lot of work to do. I hope that by continuing to tell myself I have a lot of work to do that I will get on it, haha. I'll keep you updated on when I start feeling better. I'm just glad to have this weekend behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment