Saturday, January 22, 2011

Galway

So we took a trip to Galway for the day today and I think I died and went to Heaven. It was wonderful! I didn't bring my camera because I didn't feel like lugging it around all day and I knew we were just going to be aimlessly walking around for a bit and that worked out just fine for me but I'm sorry I don't have any photos!

Well, first things first, we had a mission. This mission started a few days ago in the form of a heavy search and a heavy craving. That craving was Starbucks. You can't help but miss a few home comforts when you are in a different country! No judge! Anyways, Mandy was right on it and got the lead from google that there was one on the University's campus so that was the start of our journey. We finally found it after getting a little lost and it was everything we could have asked for. We had to ask one of the students where the "coffee shop" was though, because we were a little afraid of sounded like the dumb American girls on campus looking for the Starbucks, haha. Despite our sneaking we found it and four frappiccinos (or creamices) later, four happy girls continued on their journey.

Next we shopped. We were a little nervous it was going to rain since the sun started hiding behind some grey looking clouds, so we dodged into the nearest clothing store. Again, everything I could have asked for. The shopping here is incredible, people!!!! Sales are out of control and all the clothes are BEAUTIFUL. Can I just live here already? I got a couple hats since I was in dire need of some and a warm black wrap sweater, something I had been looking for in the states for a while. We hit a few more smaller shops (a little too expensive for our taste) and then we hit another jem, Warehouse. Again, dream come true. I bought a couple appropriate "going out" tops and a new strapless dark blue dress, I've actually really needed a nice solid colored dress for some time now. Before going to this store I was eyeing this beautiful top at a smaller more expensive shop that was almost black with hints of forest green that was sleeveless with iridescent black and green feathers around the collar. It cost 55 euro so obviously it was out of the question, however, let's just say I bought all three of the previously mentioned items for way less than that one top. It was a good day. Earlier we hit a cafe and had delicious "Baps" (hot sandwitches on incredible bread - have I mentioned the bread here is incredible?) and tea.

After some more shopping, Mandy and Hannah decided to go see a movie while Casey and I continued to wander Galway. The city is a mix of Boston and Diagon Alley (HP reference, sorry folks) in my mind. It was completely magical with the old squished together buildings, stone roads where people could walk freely (kind of like downtown crossing!), lots of cafe's and little shops, along with the cloudy weather and mist. It blew my mind to say the least. Casey and I just could not get enough of it.

We managed to find our way back and do a few more little things before eating another snack and heading off to the bus for the ride back to Ballyvaughan. I do not have enough nice things to say about Galway. It's just wonderful. Now I really cannot WAIT to see Dublin next weekend.

I repeat. Can I just live here already?

No comments:

Post a Comment